Bike Tour Quick Facts
- Price: $2,890 per person, double occupancy
- Non-rider Price: 20% discount, double occupancy
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
- Start / End: Prague, Czech Republic
- Terrain: Rolling to Hilly
- Total Riding Distance: 394 km (245 miles)
- Daily Rides: 40 – 120km (25 – 75 miles) per day
- Accommodations: 4-Star Hotels (more hotel details)
- Dates: We work with your schedule! Tell us when you’d like to travel and we’ll get started on your bike tour with us.
Do you have questions or want more info about our Czech Republic Bike Tour? Email us. We’re happy to help!
Bike Tour Highlights & Overview
- Exploring the UNESCO World Heritage town of Cesky Krumlov
- Riding alongside lazy rivers, rolling fields, and lush forests
- Cycling the remote and densely forested roads of the Czech Sumava National Park
- Tasting the regional cuisine, including the original Budweiser (Budvar)
- Exploring the ‘road less traveled’ – roads few non-Czech cyclists get to ride
A great mix of culture and riding: that’s one way to describe this bike tour. We’ll share our week between two separate towns in the Southern Bohemian region of the Czech Republic. First off is Cesky Krumlov, a town celebrated for its exquisitely preserved Renaissance and Baroque architecture. It embodies the pinnacle of Czech towns from bygone eras. It has all the charm of Prague, in a more manageable size. And of course, there is wonderful cycling to be had all around. The second half of the trip focuses around the remote village of Kvilda. Situated deep within the Sumava Mountains, the village is a perfect base for remote riding, with wonderful natural scenery along almost all stretches of the routes.
Day 1: Arrival Day. Warm up loop ride: 39 km (24 miles) with 764 m (2500 feet) of climbing
Day 2: Klet mountain loop: 74 km (46 miles) with 1450 m (4,757 feet) of climbing.
Day 3: Lake Lipno loop: 126 km (78 miles) with 1814 m (5951 feet) of climbing.
Day 4: Hotel to hotel: 81 km (50 miles) with 1472 m (4829 feet) of climbing.
Day 5: Sumava National Park Loop: 71 km (44 miles) with 1313 m (4307 feet) of climbing.
Day 6: Departure Day. No ride.
Have questions about the routes? Email us and let us know!
Czech Republic Bike Tour Photos
Hotel Gold (Four star hotel)
Hotel Gold is in the very heart of Český Krumlov, but in spite of this you will find peace and quiet and a romantic environment thanks to it being close to the newly remodelled City Park. The hotel on the left bank of the Vltava with fantastic view of the city centre is furnished in the romantic historical style.
Hotel Šumava Inn (Four star hotel)
Hotel and restaurant Šumava Inn are located in the Kvilda village, in the very heart of Šumava Mountains. Dating back to 1837, this in features an interesting, unconventional, and comfortable interior.
Food and Lodging
- All accommodation
- Daily breakfast (except arrival day), several lunches, most dinners
- Table wine or beer at our group dinners
- Variety of fresh fruit, energy bars, sports drinks and bars; before and during each ride
- 2 cycling water bottles, for you to keep
- Gratuities for all accommodations, group meals and group transportation included in the trip
- GPS bike computer to use while on trip. Loaded with daily rides
- Van support during the daily route
- Daily information on local sites
- In Situ Cycling Jersey
- Experienced trip leaders
- Support vehicle(s) providing all transportation and luggage transfers during the trip (when applicable)
- Basic bike mechanical support
- Spare bike tubes, chain lube, bike tools, floor pump and other minor bike supplies
- Transportation to/from group meals at restaurants, when applicable
- Transportation to/from optional afternoon activities supported by the leader (such as wine tastings, sight seeing, etc), when applicable
- Airfare and ground transportation to and from the trip start/end
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Additional or special alcoholic drinks that are not part of our group dinners
- Bicycle Rental
- Bicycle Helmet, Shoes or Pedals
- Trip Insurance
- Personal items or services purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included during the trip
- Gratuities for your In Situ Travel trip leaders.