Bike Tour Quick Facts
- Price: $3,390 per person, double occupancy
- Non-rider Price: 20% discount, double occupancy
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
- Start / End: Strasbourg, France
- Terrain: Rolling to Mountainous
- Total Riding Distance: 500 kilometers (310 miles)
- Daily Rides: 30 -125 kilometers (18 – 78 miles) per day
- Accommodations: 4-Star Hotel (more hotel details)
- Dates: We work with your schedule! Tell us when you’d like to travel and we’ll get started on your bike tour with us.
Do you have questions or want more info about our Alsace Bike Tour? Email us. We’re happy to help!
Bike Tour Highlights & Overview
- Cycling through vineyards, famous for their Gewurtztraminer and Riesling grapes
- Summiting many of the cols of Alsace, including the Grand Ballon
- Savoring Alsatian wines
- Enjoying the wonderful mix of flavors this region’s cuisine holds
- Exploring the picture perfect, brightly colored villages
Situated on the eastern edge of France and bordering Germany, our Alsace Bike Tour is a trip that will introduce you to a region steeped in history and contrasts. Alsace is well known for its role in both World War I and II, but also for being one of the finest wine producing regions in France. What many people do not know however is that Alsace is also a terrific destination for cycling. Just beyond the famous wine road lies the Vosges Mountains, home to a seemingly endless supply of cols and sinuous forested roads. This is not your average bike tour in Alsace, riding from winery to winery along the vineyards. This is In Situ’s challenging bike tour of Alsace. We’ll not only take in the rolling hills covered with grapes, but we’ll tackle the routes that the Tour de France visits.
Day 1: Arrival in Strasbourg. Warm-up Loop: 30 km (18 miles)
Day 2: Grand Ballon d’Alsace Loop: 123 km (76 miles) with 2000 m (6,562 feet) of climbing.
Day 3: Obernai Loop: 120 km (75 miles) with 2121 m (6959 feet) of climbing.
Day 4: Four Cols Loop: 99 km (61 miles) with 2125 m (6972 feet) of climbing.
Day 5: Lorraine Loop: 125 km (78 miles) with 3100 m (10,170 feet) of climbing.
Day 6: Departure day. Return to Strasbourg.
Have questions about the routes? Email us and let us know!
Alsace Bike Tour Photos
Want to see more pictures? Visit our Alsace Photo Gallery
Le Clos Saint Vincent (Four star hotel)
Located in the heart of a vineyard on the wine road, not far from downtown Ribeauvillé, the hotel overlooks the Alsatian plain and offers stunning views of the Vosges and Black Forest. This is an ideal base to visit the castle of Haut Koenigsbourg Riquewhir village and the town of Colmar, as well as the wine cellars and wines from Alsace.
Food and Lodging
- All accommodation
- Daily breakfast (except arrival day), several lunches, most dinners
- Table wine or beer at our group dinners
- Variety of fresh fruit, energy bars, sports drinks and bars; before and during each ride
- 2 cycling water bottles, for you to keep
- Gratuities for all accommodations, group meals and group transportation included in the trip
- GPS bike computer to use while on trip. Loaded with daily rides
- Van support during the daily route
- Daily information on local sites
- In Situ Cycling Jersey
- Experienced trip leaders
- Support vehicle(s) providing all transportation and luggage transfers during the trip (when applicable)
- Basic bike mechanical support
- Spare bike tubes, chain lube, bike tools, floor pump and other minor bike supplies
- Transportation to/from group meals at restaurants, when applicable
- Transportation to/from optional afternoon activities supported by the leader (such as wine tastings, sight seeing, etc), when applicable
- Airfare and ground transportation to and from the trip start/end
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Additional or special alcoholic drinks that are not part of our group dinners
- Bicycle Rental
- Bicycle Helmet, Shoes or Pedals
- Trip Insurance
- Personal items or services purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included during the trip
- Gratuities for your In Situ Travel trip leaders.