Bike Tour Quick Facts
- Price: $3,190 per person, double occupancy
- Non-rider Price: 20% discount, double occupancy
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
- Start / End: Innsbruck, Austria
- Terrain: Hilly to Mountainous
- Total Riding Distance: 530 kilometers (330 miles)
- Daily Rides: 34 -160 kilometers (20 – 100 miles) per day
- Accommodations: 4-Star Hotel (more hotel details)
- Dates: We work with your schedule! Tell us when you’d like to travel and we’ll get started on your bike tour with us.
Do you have questions or want more info about our Austrian Alps Bike Tour? Email us. We’re happy to help!
Bike Tour Highlights & Overview
- Cycling remote alpine climbs that summit to postcard-perfect peaks
- Exploring the curvy mountain roads and deep narrow valleys of the Austrian Alps
- Climbing the 29 switchbacks to the top of the Kaunertaler Gletscher
- Riding our 160 km (99 mile) high alpine loop.
- Enjoying a very well deserved break in the hotel’s sauna.
In the remote western region of Austria’s Tirol province, lie dramatic valley views and staggering climbs. This is a region that seems like it was made to climb on a bicycle. In Situ’s Austrian Alps Bike Tour bases itself in the town of Landeck. This is one of our classic bike tours, where we stay in one location for the duration of the week. It’s a great chance to unpack, unwind and explore the roads of the Tirol and Austrian Alps.
Day 1: Arrival Day. Warm Up Ride: 30km (18 miles)
Day 2: Ötztaler Mountain Loop: 109 km (67 miles) with 2340 m (7,677 feet) of climbing.
Day 3: Arlbergpass Loop: 160 km (99 miles) with 2500 m (8202 feet) of climbing.
Day 4: Kaunertaler Loop: 103 km (64 miles) with 2100 m (6890 feet) of climbing.
Day 5: Lech Valley Loop: 136 km (84 miles) with 2340 m (7677 feet) of climbing.
Day 6: Departure Day. No Ride
Have questions about the routes? Email us and let us know!
Hotel Enzian (4 star hotel)
Located in a sunny valley, the hotel offers an exciting and enticing ambience, with wonderful regional pleasures, and authentic Tyrolean hospitality.
Food and Lodging
- All accommodation
- Daily breakfast (except arrival day), several lunches, most dinners
- Table wine or beer at our group dinners
- Variety of fresh fruit, energy bars, sports drinks and bars; before and during each ride
- 2 cycling water bottles, for you to keep
- Gratuities for all accommodations, group meals and group transportation included in the trip
- GPS bike computer to use while on trip. Loaded with daily rides
- Van support during the daily route
- Daily information on local sites
- In Situ Cycling Jersey
- Experienced trip leaders
- Support vehicle(s) providing all transportation and luggage transfers during the trip (when applicable)
- Basic bike mechanical support
- Spare bike tubes, chain lube, bike tools, floor pump and other minor bike supplies
- Transportation to/from group meals at restaurants, when applicable
- Transportation to/from optional afternoon activities supported by the leader (such as wine tastings, sight seeing, etc), when applicable
- Airfare and ground transportation to and from the trip start/end
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Additional or special alcoholic drinks that are not part of our group dinners
- Bicycle Rental
- Bicycle Helmet, Shoes or Pedals
- Trip Insurance
- Personal items or services purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included during the trip
- Gratuities for your In Situ Travel trip leaders.