Bike Tour Quick Facts
- Price: $3,390 per person, double occupancy
- Non-rider Price: 20% discount, double occupancy
- Duration: 7 days / 6 nights
- Start/End: Grenoble, France
- Terrain: Mountainous
- Total Riding Distance: 500 km (310 miles)
- Daily Rides: 50 – 105km (30 – 65 miles) per day
- Accommodations: 3-Star Hotels (more hotel details)
- Dates: We work with your schedule! Tell us when you’d like to travel and we’ll get started on your bike tour with us.
Do you have questions or want more info about our French Alps Bike Tour? Email us. We’re happy to help!
Bike Tour Highlights & Overview
- Challenging yourself by cycling Alpe d’Huez
- Riding other famous climbs, such as the Col de la Madeleine, Col des Aravis, Col du Glandon, Col de la Croix de Fer, Col du Télégraphe and the Col du Galibier
- Enjoying the amazing alpine views
- Savoring the locally produced cheeses and meats
- You’ll ride roads made famous every summer by France’s elite races
Perhaps no other region in Europe ignites the cyclist’s imagination like the French Alps. Home to some of the most famous road biking ascents on the planet, the Alps are a “must see” for every cyclist. Legendary “cols” (mountain passes) scale these often snow capped summits, inviting us to try our fitness against these precipitous mountains. Our reward: twisty, winding and exhilarating descents into alpine meadows that can extend for over 25 miles.
Day 1: Arrival Day in Grenoble. Warm-up loop: approximately 38 km (23 miles).
Day 2: Col de la Madeleine loop: 115 km (71 miles) with 2888 m (9475 ft) of climbing.
Day 3: The Four Cols Day: 97 km (60 miles) with 2950 m (9678 feet) of climbing.
Day 4: Hotel to hotel, over the Col du Glandon & Croix de Fer: 104 km (65 miles) with 2900 m (9514 feet) of climbing.
Day 5: Hotel to hotel, over the Col du Télégraphe, the Col du Galibier and the Col du Lautaret: 67 km (42 miles) with 2455 m (8054 ft) of climbing.
Day 6: Alpe d’Huez Loop: 76 km (47 miles) with 1965 m (6447 feet) of climbing.
Day 7: Departure day, from Grenoble.
Have questions about the routes? Email us and let us know!
French Alps Bike Tour Photos
Want to see more pictures? Visit our French Alps Photo Gallery.
Videos: Explore the Col du Galibier
via The Col Collective
Hotel Million (Three star hotel)
Dating from the late 18th century, the Hôtel Million has centuries of welcoming guests to its warm and inviting abode. Located in the center of the Olympic town of Albertville, each of the hotel’s 26 rooms reflect a unique character. Also known for its restaurant, you’ll be able to enjoy an evening meal after a full day’s ride.
Hôtel Saint Georges (Three star hotel)
Well located in the center of Saint-Jean-de-Maurienne, the Hôtel Saint Georges is just minutes from the shops and sights of town. The town is frequently included as part of the Tour de France, due to its location at the foot of the Col de la Croix du Fer and Col du Glandon. The hotel’s simple, but modern rooms include free wi-fi and a buffet breakfast with homemade jams. A warm and welcoming staff make this pleasant inn a good base for our cycling stay.
Hôtel Edelweiss (Three star hotel)
The 12th century village of La Grave is home to Auberge Edelweiss. From the hotel’s terrace, gaze upon the 13,000 foot peak of the stunning La Meije glacier. Returning from a day’s ride, enjoy the hospitality of the innkeepers, Marlon and Robin, while having a drink at the hotel’s excellent bar. Or perhaps you’d prefer to soak in the jacuzzi or partake in the sauna.
Food and Lodging
- All accommodation
- Daily breakfast (except arrival day), several lunches, most dinners
- Table wine or beer at our group dinners
- Variety of fresh fruit, energy bars, sports drinks and bars; before and during each ride
- 2 cycling water bottles, for you to keep
- Gratuities for all accommodations, group meals and group transportation included in the trip
- GPS bike computer to use while on trip. Loaded with daily rides
- Van support during the daily route
- Daily information on local sites
- In Situ Cycling Jersey
- Experienced trip leaders
- Support vehicle(s) providing all transportation and luggage transfers during the trip (when applicable)
- Basic bike mechanical support
- Spare bike tubes, chain lube, bike tools, floor pump and other minor bike supplies
- Transportation to/from group meals at restaurants, when applicable
- Transportation to/from optional afternoon activities supported by the leader (such as wine tastings, sight seeing, etc), when applicable
- Airfare and ground transportation to and from the trip start/end
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Additional or special alcoholic drinks that are not part of our group dinners
- Bicycle Rental
- Bicycle Helmet, Shoes or Pedals
- Trip Insurance
- Personal items or services purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included during the trip
- Gratuities for your In Situ Travel trip leaders.