Bike Tour Quick Facts
- Price: $3,190 per person, double occupancy
- Non-rider Price: 20% discount, double occupancy
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
- Start / Finish: Barcelona, Spain
- Terrain: Rolling to Hilly
- Total Riding Distance: 480 km (300 miles)
- Daily Rides: 25 – 85 miles per day
- Accommodations: 4-Star Hotel (more hotel details)
- Dates: We work with your schedule! Tell us when you’d like to travel and we’ll get started on your bike tour with us.
Do you have questions or want more info about our Girona Bike Tour? Email us. We’re happy to help!
Bike Tour Highlights & Overview
- Exploring the quiet roads and small villages of Catalonia
- Discovering the roads that expatriate pro cyclists use as their off-season training routes
- Riding along the mediterranean sea
- Savoring the local Catalan Cuisine
- Sitting in one of Girona’s many sidewalk cafes and watching life unfold, Girona-style
There’s a reason why so many pro cyclists call Girona their home when they are not racing. Situated roughly half-way between the French border and Barcelona, Girona is perhaps THE cycling epicenter of Catalonia. Blessed with numerous sunny days, quiet mountain roads and the Mediterranean only a short distance away, it is the perfect base to explore all this amazing region has to offer. Many of the routes on this week’s cycling itinerary have been favorites to the expatriate pros that have lived here over the years. The terrain is moderately challenging with a mix of rolling hills, twisting descents and some steeper climbs as we head west towards the mountains. It’s a great week of cycling. We’ll be staying right in the heart of Girona’s historic medieval center, so there will be some excellent opportunities to explore, eat and shop when not on the bike.
Day 1: Meet in Barcelona. Warm-up Loop: approximately 28 km (17 miles) with 375 m (1230 feet) of climbing.
Day 2: Sant Hilari Loop: 121 km (75 miles) with 1512 m (4961 feet) of climbing.
Day 3: Costa Brava Loop: 119 km (74 miles) with 1199 m (3934 feet) of climbing
Day 4: Monells Loop: 74 km (46 miles) with 650 m (2133 feet) of climbing.
Day 5: Olot Loop: 131 km (82 miles) with 1230 m (4035 feet) of climbing.
Day 6: Departure day. Leave from Barcelona.
Explore Our Girona Bike Tour Via Our Guest’s Video
Girona & Costa Brava Bike Tour Photos
Want to see more pictures? Visit our Girona Bike Tour Photo Gallery
Hotel Llegendes (Four star hotel)
A charming, restored 18th century building set within the historic, cobblestoned center of Girona, Hotel Llegendes is sure to delight. It’s conveniently located near the cathedral, shops and cafes, thus making it a perfect base to explore this wonderful town. While rustic on the exterior, the interior of the hotel is modern and tastefully decorated. The rooms are well appointed with modern conveniences, while still retaining the historic nature of the building. If you’re looking to unwind after a ride, massages can be arranged directly at the hotel.
Food and Lodging
- All accommodation
- Daily breakfast (except arrival day), several lunches, most dinners
- Table wine or beer at our group dinners
- Variety of fresh fruit, energy bars, sports drinks and bars; before and during each ride
- 2 cycling water bottles, for you to keep
- Gratuities for all accommodations, group meals and group transportation included in the trip
- GPS bike computer to use while on trip. Loaded with daily rides
- Van support during the daily route
- Daily information on local sites
- In Situ Cycling Jersey
- Experienced trip leaders
- Support vehicle(s) providing all transportation and luggage transfers during the trip (when applicable)
- Basic bike mechanical support
- Spare bike tubes, chain lube, bike tools, floor pump and other minor bike supplies
- Transportation to/from group meals at restaurants, when applicable
- Transportation to/from optional afternoon activities supported by the leader (such as wine tastings, sight seeing, etc), when applicable
- Airfare and ground transportation to and from the trip start/end
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Additional or special alcoholic drinks that are not part of our group dinners
- Bicycle Rental
- Bicycle Helmet, Shoes or Pedals
- Trip Insurance
- Personal items or services purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included during the trip
- Gratuities for your In Situ Travel trip leaders.