Bike Tour Quick Facts
- Price: $3,190 per person, double occupancy
- Non-rider Price: 20% discount, double occupancy
- Duration: 6 days / 5 nights
- Start / End: Avignon, France
- Terrain: Mostly Rolling to Hilly, with one big climb: Mont Ventoux
- Total Riding Distance: 320km (200 miles)
- Daily Rides: 48-96km (30-60 miles) per day
- Accommodations: 3-Star Hotel (more hotel details)
- Dates: We work with your schedule! Tell us when you’d like to travel and we’ll get started on your bike tour with us.
Do you have questions or want more info about our Provence Bike Tour? Email us. We’re happy to help!
Bike Tour Highlights & Overview
- Conquering the “Giant of Provence”: Mont Ventoux
- Medieval villages perched on rocky hilltops
- Soaking up the authentic life of southern France
- Enjoying the mediterranean inspired cuisine
- Rolling country roads, perfect for cycling
A region that will enlighten all of your senses, Provence is an extraordinary place. A collection of sun drenched vineyards, ancient medieval hilltop villages and meandering country roads, Provence is an ideal setting for a cycling vacation. Come join us on our bike tour in Provence! Spend part of your day exploring some of the best riding that France has to offer, then sit back and enjoy the pace of la vie Provençale (the Provence life): leisurely lunches under the shade of sycamore trees, an afternoon nap with the sound of cicadas in the distance or enjoying the local game of pétanque while sipping on a glass of pastis.
Day 1: Arrival day in Avignon. Warm-up Loop: approximately 45 km (28 miles) with 608 m (1995 feet) of climbing.
Day 2: Col de Murs Loop: approximately 82 km (53 miles) with 1419 m (4655 feet) of climbing.
Day 3: Wine Villages Loop: approximately 65 km (40 miles) with 790 m (2592 feet) of climbing.
Day 4: Mont Ventoux: approximately 45 km (27 miles) with 1634 m (5360 feet) of climbing.
Day 5: Gorges de la Nesque Loop: approximately 74 km (46 miles) with 1654 m (5426 feet) of climbing.
Day 6: Departure to Avignon.
Have questions about the routes? Email us and let us know!
Explore Mont Ventoux, An Epic Climb
Provence Bike Tour Photos
Want to see more pictures? Visit our Provence Bike Tour Gallery.
Hôtel des Pins (Three star hotel)
Located just outside of Bédoin, the hotel characterizes the relaxed luxury of Provence, amidst the shady comfort of the surrounding pine trees. The rooms each have a unique design character and the hotel is well outfitted with pool, garden, massage center, bar and gastronomic restaurant. It is a relaxing location for us to call home for the week of our bike tour.
Food and Lodging
- All accommodation
- Daily breakfast (except arrival day), several lunches, most dinners
- Table wine or beer at our group dinners
- Variety of fresh fruit, energy bars, sports drinks and bars; before and during each ride
- 2 cycling water bottles, for you to keep
- Gratuities for all accommodations, group meals and group transportation included in the trip
- GPS bike computer to use while on trip. Loaded with daily rides
- Van support during the daily route
- Daily information on local sites
- In Situ Cycling Jersey
- Experienced trip leaders
- Support vehicle(s) providing all transportation and luggage transfers during the trip (when applicable)
- Basic bike mechanical support
- Spare bike tubes, chain lube, bike tools, floor pump and other minor bike supplies
- Transportation to/from group meals at restaurants, when applicable
- Transportation to/from optional afternoon activities supported by the leader (such as wine tastings, sight seeing, etc), when applicable
- Airfare and ground transportation to and from the trip start/end
- Lodging before and after the trip
- Additional or special alcoholic drinks that are not part of our group dinners
- Bicycle Rental
- Bicycle Helmet, Shoes or Pedals
- Trip Insurance
- Personal items or services purchased during the trip
- Some meals are not included during the trip
- Gratuities for your In Situ Travel trip leaders.