If you’re joining us on one of our Bike Tours in France, there’s a good chance that you’ll pass through Paris Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) on your way to or from the trip. Here are a some tips on getting from the airport to central Paris.
Traveling between Central Paris and Charles de Gaulle Airport
There are essentially 4 different ways to travel to/from the CDG Airport and downtown Paris:
- Taxi: the fare is about $80 with a 15% supplement added on evenings (7pm-7am), Sundays and holidays. There may also be an additional fee for numerous or oversized bags (i.e. bikes). Allow at least 1 hour for the journey.
- Door to Door Shuttle: This is a shared shuttle service that costs about $35 per person. You can book online at: www.supershuttle.fr or call +33.(0)184.108.40.206.55. Be sure to book in advance and also mention you have a bike (fees may apply). Allow 1.5 to 2 hours for this trip. When booking, the company will tell you when you need to be picked up in order to arrive at the airport on time.
- Air France Motor Coach: Air France provides bus service from select locations in Paris to CDG Airport. Buses leave about every 30 minutes with fares ranging from $20-30. Tickets can be purchased from the driver, when you board the bus. Allow 1-2 hours for the journey. www.cars-airfrance.com
- Subway / Light Rail: Labeled “RER” Line B, there is a metro/subway stop at CDG Airport that connects with the main metro system in central Paris. To/From the airport, the fare will cost approximately $12 and take 30 – 40 minutes. While the fastest and least expensive way to get to/from the airport, it is not recommended if you are traveling with many bags or your bike, since the trains may be crowded and there are frequently no escalators or elevators between the metro platforms and the station entrances. This means you would have to carry your bike up/down many flights of stairs. More route info at: http://www.ratp.fr/en/ratp/c_21892/access-to-the-airports/
- Van Support on All Bike Tours (insitutravel.com)
- Bike Tours in Europe: A New Way to Sign Up For Your Next Vacation (insitutravel.com)
- Bike Tour Jersey’s Included! New for 2012 (insitutravel.com)