TRIP BOOKING TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR IN SITU BIKE TOURS
The Terms and Conditions listed below are applicable to our standard tours and itineraries, currently listed on our website. For custom or private bike tours, other terms and conditions may apply.
Please take note of these Terms and Conditions as a contract between you (“guest”) and In Situ Travel, LLC (“In Situ Travel”). By signing this form, it is understood that you have read, understood and accepted the following Terms and Conditions.
RESERVATIONS AND MODE OF PAYMENT
1. In Situ Travel requires a deposit of $500 per person at the time of reservation, or in the case that the reservation is made less than 96 days prior to the trip start date, the cost of the trip in full will be required to make the reservation.
2. The balance of the trip price is due 96 days prior to the trip start date.
3. Single Supplement:
3.1. If guest is traveling solo (i.e. alone; without travel partner) and wishes to have a room for himself or herself, a $500 single supplement will be added to the total trip price.
3.2. If guest wishes to be paired with a roommate of the same gender, the single supplement will be waived if guest signs up more than 30 days prior to the trip start date.
3.3. If no roommate is available, guest will not be charged the supplement.
3.4. The single supplement applies to all solo traveler guests who sign up less than 30 days prior to the trip start if no other solo traveler is available for room share.
4. Payments may be made by check or credit card to In Situ Travel. In Situ Travel accepts Visa and MasterCard.
5. It is not the responsibility of In Situ Travel if the necessary reservation deposit and documents are not received before a trip becomes full. In this case, the guest can reapply the deposit and documents toward another trip or the deposit and documents will be returned to the guest within 7 days.
6. Trip reservation and payment includes:
6.1. All lodging during the trip.
6.2. Portage of luggage to the trip lodging from the trip start location, when applicable. See specific itinerary for details.
6.3. All breakfasts and several lunches and dinners. See specific itinerary for details.
6.4. Directions for daily activities (i.e. riding, driving, hiking, etc.) in the form of a map, written directions, GPS unit, and/or trip leader. Note that not all of these methods may be used.
6.5. All special events or activities listed in the travel planner.
7. Trip reservation and payment does not include:
7.1. Travel to and from the trip start location. Trip start location is noted in the travel planner.
7.2. Any lunches or dinners during the trips that are noted as “on your own” in the travel planner.
7.3. All special events or activities listed in the travel planner as optional or as suggested by the trip leader while on trip.
7.4. Personal charges including but not limited to: telephone, fax and Internet use.
7.5. All alcoholic beverages. Note that some beverages may be offered as part of included trip dinners, lunches or special events.
7.6. Optional gratuities for the trip leader(s) or other services provided during the trip.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND
1. Trip Cancellation By Guest
1.1. If guest cancels 96 days prior to trip start date, guest will be subject to a $100 cancellation fee.
1.2. If guest cancels 95-61 days prior to trip start date, guest will be subject to a fee of 30% of the total trip price
1.3. If guest cancels 60-31 days prior to trip start date, guest will be subject to a fee of 60% of the total trip price. 1.4. If guest cancels within 30 days of trip start date, guest will receive no refund.
2. Trip Cancellation by In Situ Travel
2.1. We guarantee a trip departure upon meeting the minimum subscription
2.2. At times, due to low subscription for a particular trip, In Situ Travel may choose to cancel the entire trip. In such cases, In Situ Travel will refund any monies paid by the guest. In Situ Travel may, if it so chooses, recommend alternative trips preferably to the same destination or other trips to guest. Should guest decide not to accept the alternatives; all refunds will be paid to guest within 14 days.
3. Trip Reservation Change Policy
3.1. Excluding Custom and Private trips, there is no penalty for changing from one trip to another during the same calendar year as long as the change is made in writing to In Situ Travel within 96 days of the original trip start date.
3.2. In the case that the new trip is more expensive than the original trip, the guest is responsible for supplying In Situ Travel with the cost difference before In Situ Travel will change their reservation.
3.3. In the case that the new trip is less expensive than the original trip, In Situ Travel will not refund the difference.
3.4. Trips changed within 95 days of original trip start date are subject to normal cancellation procedures and fees.
1. In Situ Travel does not offer or provide guests travel insurance. Guests are strongly advised to purchase personal travel insurance of their choice to ensure that they have protection during the trip in the case of, but not limited to trip cancellation and interruption, baggage protection, medical, accidental death and dismemberment and emergency evacuation and repatriation.
1. The guest is responsible for arranging and paying for transportation to the trip start and from the trip end.
2. If traveling internationally, the guest is solely responsible for having and keeping on their possession a valid international passport that has an expiration date at least 6 months after the date of departure for the trip start.
3. If a visa is required for travel, it is the responsibility of the guest to obtain proper documents prior to the departure to the trip start.
4. It is the responsibility of the guest to acquire all vaccinations, inoculations and documented proof if needed for entry into a country during the trip.
5. In the case of deportation or refusal of entry for the guest by immigration authorities, In Situ Travel shall not be held responsible for any extra expenses incurred, and In Situ Travel shall not give a refund to the said guest for the tour cost.
6. Given the activity level of the particular In Situ Travel trip that the said guest has signed up for, it is the guest’s responsibility to be physically fit enough to not cause themselves injury or damage to their health when participating in the trip’s activities.
7. It is kindly requested that the guest notify In Situ Travel and the trip leader(s) of any excising medical conditions or food restrictions that may be affected by the trip in the attempt to best accommodate the guest’s needs.
1. In Situ Travel and/or its associated agents act only as agents for the airline, transportation companies, hotel/inn/bed and breakfasts, entertainment and activity companies and restaurants. Any baggage loss, accident, injury or loss and etc, are subject to those terms and contracts under which these services are provided. In Situ Travel and/or its associated agents shall not be responsible and expressly disclaim any liability for any accident, injury, illness, damage, loss or irregularities that may be caused to person or property during or after use of any of these services. All bookings are subject to the usual terms and conditions and contract of the owner or operator of the services involved.
2. Every guest participating in any tour group organized by In Situ Travel and/or its associated agents shall be regarded in every respect as carrying his/her own risk. In Situ Travel and/or its associated agent shall not be held responsible to any person as a result of the following:
2.1. Inaccuracy, mistaken description or changes to any tour or its itinerary;
2.2. Additional expense due to delays or changes in air or any transport services, sickness, weather, strikes, war, quarantine or other natural causes and orders from the destination country and/or other countries;
2.3. In Situ Travel assumes no liability for any damage of lost baggage, personal effects or accident;
2.4. It is the responsibility of the traveler to purchase travel insurance. All guest are recommended to purchase a travel
Insurance to ensure full protection during the tour journey;
2.5. Deportation or refusal of entry for guest by immigration authorities resulting from the possession of unlawful items or holding improper travel documents or other causes;
2.6. Or whose behavior and activities are considered as subversive by the foreign government concerned, In Situ Travel shall not be held responsible.
All complaints must be in writing within 7 working days after the completion of the tour. In Situ Travel will not entertain any late complaints.